Silicon Avalanche Suppressor Diodes (SASD) Silicon Avalanche Diodes (SASD) are true solid state semi-conductors, as are the components that comprise the sophisticated circuitry of modern electronic equipment.
What does SAD stand for?
SAD stands for Silicon Avalanche Diodes
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAD
We have 292 other meanings of SAD in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Aware Data
- Senior Air Director
- Seniors Against Discrimination
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Serial Analog Delay
- Service Application Description
- Sex, Alcohol, Drugs
- Shiromani Akali Dal (India)
- Shock Advisory Defibrillation (medical treatment)
- Sierra Army Depot
- Single Administrative Document
- Single Awareness Day (slang for Valentine's Day)
- Single, Available, and Desperate
- Sistema Acquisizione Dati (Italian: Data Acquisition System)
- Sistema de Adquisición de Datos (Spanish: Data Acquisition Systems)
- Site Adaption Data (FAA ARTCC configuration of site resources)
- Situation Awareness Display
- Sjedinjene Amerièke Države (Croatian: United States of America)
- Sjedinjenih Americkih Država (Bosnian: United States of America)
- Slovenská Autobusová Doprava
Samples in periodicals archive:
Metal-oxide varistors (MOVs) and silicon avalanche diodes (SADs) are currently the surge suppression components of choice because of their reaction time to transients.