7 by President Chandrika Kumaratunga, is a successor to the Sihala Urumaya, or Sinhalese Heritage Party, which ran in the last two elections to ''protect the interests of the majority Sinhalese.
What does SU stand for?
SU stands for Sihala Urumaya (political party, Sri Lanka)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SU
We have 13 other meanings of SU in our Acronym Attic
- Shareholders United (campaigning to keep Manchester United independent)
- Shenandoah University (Winchester, VA, USA)
- Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV)
- Shippensburg University
- Shiraz University
- Shut Up
- Siegburg/Rhein-Sieg-Kreis (German license plate)
- Siehe Unten (German: see below)
- Signal Unit (CCS #7 ITU-T)
- Signaling Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Seneviratne's emphasis on Rahula's text appears to be both justified and prescient, in the light of the recent appearance of a new political party in Sri Lanka called the Sihala Urumaya.
Thilak Karunaratne, leader of the nationalist Sihala Urumaya (Sinhalese Heritage), disputed the government's interpretation of its victory as an endorsement of the peace initiative.