The number of subjects (not individual ears as with the previous analysis) with a significant threshold shift and no threshold shifts were counted.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Significant Threshold Shift
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STS
We have 711 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Shipboard Technical Support
- Shoot the Stuff (polite form)
- Short Track Series (racing)
- Short-Term Systematic Variance
- Short-Throw Shifter (automotive)
- Shoulder to Shoulder (various locations)
- Shuttle Test Station (US NASA)
- Shuttle Transportation System
- Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc.
- Signal Transduction Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
The overall rate of significant threshold shifts recorded for personnel in the hearing-conservation program via the DOEHRS-HC (Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System-Hearing Conservation) database is approximately 15 percent, although significantly higher rates of reported hearing loss may exist in specific occupations.