Time draft: A demand for payment on a specified future date--comprising banker's acceptance, bill and sight draft.
What does S/D stand for?
S/D stands for Sight Draft
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of S/D
We have 158 other meanings of S/D in our Acronym Attic
- Sensor/Controller/Actuator (chain graph)
- Signal Conditioning Enclosure
- Signal to C-Notched Noise (Sprint)
- Space-Based Global Change Observing System
- Chief of Protocol
- Office of the Secretary of State/Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization (US State Department)
- Department of State Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism
- Same Difference
- Shifta/Deband (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said checks were never released to sellers prior to Arkansas Auto's receipt and deposit of a buyer's check or sight draft.
Time draft is a demand for payment on a specified future date--comprising banker's acceptance, bill and sight draft.
A sight draft doesn't cost the buyer as much as a letter of credit - he must pay the seller before he can get the goods out of customs.