2) In 1829, the British created the Sierra Leone Police Corps with white officers, while NCOs and constables were drawn from the Krio population and the Mende and Temne tribes.
What does SLP stand for?
SLP stands for Sierra Leone Police
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SLP
We have 299 other meanings of SLP in our Acronym Attic
- Senior Law Project (various locations)
- Sensor Link Protocol
- Serial Link Protocol
- Serious Leisure Perspective (psychology and sociology)
- Service Learning Program
- Service Level Plan
- Service Location Protocol (RFC 2608)
- Service Logic Program
- Services Launch Partners
- Shelf Life Program
- Single Link Procedure (ITU-T)
- Site License Program (intellectual property)
- Snap Lock Pin (fastener)
- Sociaal Liberale Partij (Dutch: Social Liberal Party)
- Social Democratic Welfare Party (Latvia)
- Social Labour Plan (South Africa)
- Socialist Labour Party
- Sociedad Limitada Profesional (Spanish: Professional Limited Liability Company)
- Société Linguistique de Paris (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Code-Monitoring Committee consisted of representatives from each of the registered political parties, the Sierra Leone Police, and civil society groups.
KADI FAKONDO, an Assistant Inspector-General of the Sierra Leone Police (SLP), speaks her mind and gets things done.
Similarly, through the Commonwealth, the Sierra Leone Police Force is gradually cleaning up its bad image as a force for corruption and exploitation.
Sierra Leone police and UN forces joined the the search.
Mr Stuart Donaldson, a former police officer who was appointed to the Sierra Leone police by Mr Biddle, said: "He is very aware of how important the role of the police is in restoring democracy.