UN, NYSE: FDG) advises that an application for judicial review has been filed in the Federal Court of Canada by the Sierra Legal Defence Fund on behalf of five environmental groups.
What does SLDF stand for?
SLDF stands for Sierra Legal Defence Fund
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLDF
We have 7 other meanings of SLDF in our Acronym Attic
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Special Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
- Speech and Language Development Delay
- System Level Document Data
- St. Louis Developmental Disabilities Treatment Center
- Stem-Loop Destabilizing Element
- Suez Lyonnaise Des Eaux
- Sabaot Land Defence Force (militia; Kenya)
- Scanning Laser Doppler Flowmetry
- Sexuality Leadership Development Fellowship (Lagos, Nigeria)
- Star League Defense Force (Battletech)
- Subcontractors Legal Defense Fund (American Subcontractors Association)
- Systems Level Design Group (University of Kansas Information and Telecommunications Technology Center)
- Serum Lactate Dehydrogenase (isoenzyme)
- Sioux Lookout District Health Centre (Canada)
- Sri Lanka Demographic and Health Survey
- Sequence Level Down High-Speed Stop
- Sector List Drop Interval
- Smart Light Devices Ireland (UK)
- Strategic Leader Development Inventory
Samples in periodicals archive:
The quote is from Jerry DeMarco, a Sierra Legal Defence Fund lawyer who, with several colleagues, made a written submission in the case on behalf of intervener Friends of the Earth.
Two environmental groups, the Sierra Legal Defence Fund and Earthroots, are calling the tract of land one of the worst-managed forests in Ontario, pointing out an 11,000-hectare clearcut.
Last year, armed with data collected by the Sierra Legal Defence Fund (not to be confused with the U.
The Sierra Legal Defence Fund says that, "Recent studies estimate that in Canada today, we lose more than 240 acres [97 hectares] of wildlife habitat every hour.
Chief Marvin Charlie vowed to continue to fight the proposed mine, and the Sierra Legal Defence Fund of Vancouver, which has filed a court action against the mine, warned that the environment, too, could pay a heavy price.
The Sierra Legal Defence Fund, Great Lakes United, and the Quebec Environmental Law Centre say their findings show the danger of the federal government transferring responsibility for environmental protection to the provinces.