According to DOE, the projects will be conducted by two research teams -- one led by General Electric Hybrid Power Generations Systems and the other by Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation -- with the shared goal of developing "the fuel cell technology required for central power stations to produce affordable, efficient, environmentally friendly electricity from coal.
What does SWPC stand for?
SWPC stands for Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SWPC
We have 5 other meanings of SWPC in our Acronym Attic
- Swimming and Water Polo Association
- South West Participatory Arts Network (Devon, UK)
- State Water Project Analysis Office (State of California)
- School Wide Positive Behaviour
- Side-Worked Pre Bake (electrolysis cell)
- South Wales Probation Board (UK)
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
- Secondary Wood Products Consortium
- Short Wing Piper Club
- Smaller War Plants Corporation (USA)
- Southwestern Pet Collars (Phoenix, AZ)
- Space Weather Prediction Center (NOAA; Boulder, CO)
- Surface Water Protection Criteria
- Southern Water Pollution Control Facility (Stafford, NJ)
- South Warwickshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Wiltshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust
- Solid Waste Processing Division (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Scott Wilson Pavement Engineering Ltd (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FCT's latest generator design is working well and this newest unit is a testament to the teamwork between Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation (SWPC) and FCT engineers," said John Stannard, president and CEO of FCT.
FCT said it delivered one of the five-kilowatt SOFC systems to the Federal University Itajuba in Brazil and another to the National Research Council (NRC) in Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as a Balance of Plant (BOP) system to Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation in Pittsburgh, PA.
According to FCT, the five-kilowatt SOFC system, which was installed as part of a $260,000 joint project with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), will be powered by natural gas and employ tubular solid oxide technology developed by Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation.