Because most occupational exposures do not lead to HIV infection, the chance of possible serious side effects (toxicity) from any of the drugs used to prevent infection may be much greater than the chance of HIV infection from such exposures.
What does SFX stand for?
SFX stands for Side Effects (counter-strike gaming clan)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SFX
We have 10 other meanings of SFX in our Acronym Attic
- Strike Fighter Weapons School Atlantic
- Strike Fighter Weapon School Atlantic
- Swedish Forest and Wood Trade Union
- Service and Food Workers Union (New Zealand)
- Seychelles Federation of Workers' Unions
- Science Fiction Writers Workshop (online)
- Solidarity Front of Women Workers
- Saint Francis Xavier
- Self Extracting (data compression)
- Shop Floor Execution (business software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Side effects from shots are usually mild and last a short time.
However, these therapies are occasionally associated with harmful side effects ranging from mild to severe.