Here we describe the generation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells from patients with a variety of genetic diseases with either Mendelian or complex inheritance; these diseases include adenosine deaminase deficiency-related severe combined immunodeficiency (ADA-SCID), Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome (SBDS), Gaucher disease (GD) type III, Duchenne (DMD) and Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD), Parkinson disease (PD), Huntington disease (HD), juvenile-onset, type 1 diabetes mellitus (JDM), Down syndrome (DS)/trisomy 21, and the carrier state of Lesch-Nyhan syndrome.
What does SBDS stand for?
SBDS stands for Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond Syndrome (gene)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBDS
We have 9 other meanings of SBDS in our Acronym Attic
- Stimulus Bound Decremental Oscillatory Potentials
- Small Business Development Program
- Society for Business Development Professionals (Austin, TX)
- Soviet Battlefield Development Plan
- Supervisory Behavior Description Questionnaire (psychology)
- Schoeller-Bleckmann Darron Russia (energy equipment)
- Simulator Baseline Definition Review
- Small Business Disaster Recovery (Lansing, MI)
- Society for Biomedical Diabetes Research (Germany)
- Service Bay Diagnostic System (Ford Motor Co.)
- Simulation-Based Design System
- Small Bowel Displacement System
- Sustainable Business Development Services (Switzerland)
- Symmetry Breaking During Search (computer science)
- School Bus Driver Training (Indiana Department of Education)
- Sectoral Background Data Table
- Serbia-Beer Drinking Team
- Stanford Ballroom Dance Team (Stanford University; California)
- Singapore Ballroom Dance Teachers' Association
- Schools Building and Design Unit (Department for Education and Skills; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome protein family is involved in RNA metabolism.