Tinted glass, or tinted coatings, can prevent even more heat transmission by blocking the shortwave radiation of heat, together with visible light.
What does SWR stand for?
SWR stands for Shortwave Radiation (energy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWR
We have 118 other meanings of SWR in our Acronym Attic
- Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (game)
- Scheduler Work Area (IBM)
- Secondary Water Resistance
- Selected Web Resource
- Semi-Wind Resistive
- Semiconductor Wafer Representation
- She Wants Revenge (band)
- She Who Remembers
- Shoreham Wading River
- Short-Wave Radio
- Sine Wave Response
- Small Works Roster (government contracting pool)
- Software Requirements
- Soil Water Retention (agriculture)
- South West Riders (motorcycle club; various locations)
- South Western Railway (India)
- Southwestern Region (National Speleological Society)
- Special Water Reactor
- Standard Warranty Replacement
- Standford Wireless Research
Samples in periodicals archive:
As an example of energy balance, Figure 1 shows the percentages of each heat transfer component divided by the incoming shortwave radiation for a particular experimental setup with a green roof.
Though thin--perhaps only a few hundred meters from top to bottom -- these clouds are filled with water droplets that reflect much of the sun's shortwave radiation back toward space.
However, ultraviolet also carries 3% of the heat, and shortwave radiation 44%.
ss] = the shortwave radiation absorbed by the glass and shade, respectively Some of the radiation reflected from the shade is reflected again by the glass and then transmitted through the shade to the room.
These results indicated that most of the lighting energy was dissipated in the form of shortwave radiation for incandescent luminaires.