lt;br /> In response to the recent spate of attacks, the Israeli military has for the first time resorted to using a new short-range missile defense – The Iron Dome -- system to destroy rockets fired from Gaza.
What does SRMD stand for?
SRMD stands for Short-Range Missile Defense
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SRMD
We have 9 other meanings of SRMD in our Acronym Attic
- Saskatchewan Ready Mixed Concrete Association (Canada)
- Starr Ridge Manor Civic Association
- Symmetry-Restricted Multi-Configuration Annihilation of Single Excitations Method
- State Reclamation and Mosquito Control Board (Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources; Boston, MA)
- Single Rate Multicast Congestion Control
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation (Roseville, CA)
- Safety Related Measurement Control and Regulation (various companies)
- Safety Risk Management Document (US FAA)
- Science Related Memetic Disorder (aka Mad Scientist's Disease)
- Services Risk Management Division (University of Oklahoma; Norman, OK)
- Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur (spiritual group)
- Single-Request Multiple-Data
- Stress-Related Mucosal Damage
- Suwannee River Management District (Florida)
- Switched Reluctance Motor Drive
- Spectrum Resource Management Database
- San Roque Multipurpose Dam Project (Philippines)
- Service Resource Module Enhanced (Cisco)
- Society for Research in Music Education (National Association for Music Education; Reston, VA)
- Surface Related Multiple Elimination (geology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza during an Israeli Air Strike --Islamic Jihad Says Attack Came Despite Commitment to Maintain Calm --Netanyahu Says Israel does not seek Military Escalation --Israel Deploys 'Iron Dome' short-range Missile Defense System The Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement has held Israel responsible for the military escalation along the Gaza border and the assassination of two members from the group's military wing, Al Quds Brigades, the pan-Arab daily AL HAYAT reported on Monday.
In fact, the BMDO plans to use similar technologies developed by SDI to upgrade short-range missile defense.
Miqani reiterated that Iranian experts have adopted "good measures in developing long, mid and short-range missile defense systems", adding that different plans are being implemented in this regard.
Tehran Enhances Cruise Missile Defense System Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi has announced that Tehran is in the process of modernizing a short-range missile defense system directed against cruise missiles, according to the Jordanian daily AD DUSTOUR on Monday.