More than 130 rockets have been fired from Gaza across the border in the last 24 hours, including 45 since midnight, of which 13 were intercepted by Israel's new Iron Dome short-range air defense system, Haaretz said.
What does SHORAD stand for?
SHORAD stands for Short-Range Air Defense
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Supplemental Hospital Offset Payment Program (Oklahoma)
- Safe Home Ordering Protection Scheme (UK)
- Small Hotels of Palm Springs (California)
- Shop Section Code
- Shift Handover Routines
- Siberian Husky Ophthalmic Registry (Siberian Husky Club of America)
- Stimulus Hypothesis Option Response
- Stop Here on Red
- Student House of Representatives (dental hygienists)
- Shore Activity
- Short Range Air Defense Command and Control
- Short Range Air Defense Command & Control
- Short Range Air Defense Engagement Zone
- Short Range Air Defense System
- Short-Range Aid to Navigation
- Shore Consolidated Allowance List
- Shore-based Aviation Consolidated Allowance List
- Shore-based Consolidated Allowance List
- Social and Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Shore Site Consolidated Allowances List
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shalamcheh is a Mach 3 mid-range missile that can also be used as a short-range air defense system.
Weapons include a short-range air defense system and Gatling guns.
During the reset of our first Avenger battalion--from the 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Stewart, Georgia--we decided that we would ask the unit to relinquish control of the vehicles and ship the fire units to Letterkenny [for] more detailed maintenance," said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Tom LaFontaine of the Short-Range Air Defense Project Office.
According to the Defense Services Asia newsletter ''Today,'' Malaysia will sign seven agreements to purchase, among other items, short-range air defense missiles, anti-armory weaponry, specialized infantry light arms and combat systems upgrades.