They used two tools recommended by the Initiative on Methods, Measurement, and Pain Assessment in Clinical Trials (IMMPACT), which is endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration: the Brief Pain Inventory (BPI), which captures the effect of pain on physical functioning, and the Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire 2 (SF-MPQ-2), which evaluates the nature of pain using 22 descriptors that are grouped into four overarching types of pain.
What does SFMPQ stand for?
SFMPQ stands for Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Société Française de Médecine Périnatale
- Sorry For Multiple Posts (coined by Amanda Formaro)
- Strategic Facilities Management Partnership
- Strategic Facilities Master Plan
- Surfrider Foundation Mornington Peninsula
- Surplus Facilities Management Program
- Sustainable Forest Management Plan (various organizations)
- Submarine Fleet Mission Planning Library
- Santa Fe Metropolitan Planning Organization (New Mexico)
- Stegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs (Danish: Roast Pork with Parsley Sauce)
- San Francisco Mammography Registry (San Francisco, CA)
- Simultaneous Frequency Microwave Radiometer (geoscience)
- Sistema Ferroviario Metropolitano Regionale (Italian: Metropolitan Regional Rail System)
- Stepped Frequency Microwave Radiometer
- Svensk Förening för Medicinsk Radiologi (Umeå, Sweden)
- Sydney Foundation for Medical Research (Australia)
- Surface Finishing Market Research Board (National Association for Surface Finishing; Washington, DC)
- Sales Force Management Software
- San Francisco Medical Society (San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adult Measures of Pain The McGill Pain Questionnaire (MPQ), Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Scale (RAPS), Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ), Verbal Descriptive Scale (VDS), Visual Analog Scale (VAS), and West Haven-Yale Multidisciplinary Pain Inventory (WHYMPI).
Pain severity was assessed using the Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ) (range: 0 to 45), shown to be sensitive and valid in many clinical populations.
Pain Pain was measured with the short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ; Melzack, 1987).
Reliability and validity of the Turkish version short-form McGill pain questionnaire in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Yet when judged by a secondary measure, the Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire, gabapentin appeared to provide effective pain relief.