Analysis of DNA samples from these individuals suggests the inheritance of a common defect in a single gene located on the short arm of chromosome 11 (11p; Smith et al.
What does 11p stand for?
11p stands for Short Arm of Chromosome 11
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Emergency Services Number (New Zealand)
- Murder (police radio code)
- 112 (band; aka one twelve)
- Emergency Services Number (Portugal and other European countries)
- Attempted Murder (police radio code)
- Manslaughter (police radio code)
- Infanticide (police radio code)
- Abortion (police radio code)
- AIDS Suicide (police radio code)
- Eleventh Amendment
- 11th Wolverines Reactionary (gaming clan)
- Burglary of Vending Machine (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Twelve-Tone Equal Temperament (musical tuning system)
- Kidnapping (police radio code)
- Abduction (police radio code)
- 128-Ary Amplitude and Phase Shift Keying
- Twelfth Amendment
- Twelfth Air Force (USAF)
- 12 Centimeter Multimedia Corporation (Mountain View, California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The presence of a specific marker (a restriction-fragment-linked polymorphism, or RFLP) on the short arm of chromosome 11 increases 100-fold the likelihood of affective disease in a member of this family, Kidd reports.
White reports, for example, that recombination in the short arm of chromosome 11 is about three times as frequent in males as in females, but recombination in chromosome 13 is more frequent inf emales than in males.