The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader has been opposed to the hanging of Bhullar, a convict in 1993 blast case of Delhi in which nine people were killed in a bid to assassinate then president of Youth Congress Maninderjit Singh Bitta.
What does SAD stand for?
SAD stands for Shiromani Akali Dal (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAD
We have 292 other meanings of SAD in our Acronym Attic
- Seek and Destroy
- Seizure-Alert Dog
- Selected Area Diffraction
- Self-Aware Data
- Senior Air Director
- Seniors Against Discrimination
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Serial Analog Delay
- Service Application Description
- Sex, Alcohol, Drugs
- Shock Advisory Defibrillation (medical treatment)
- Sierra Army Depot
- Silicon Avalanche Diodes
- Single Administrative Document
- Single Awareness Day (slang for Valentine's Day)
- Single, Available, and Desperate
- Sistema Acquisizione Dati (Italian: Data Acquisition System)
- Sistema de Adquisición de Datos (Spanish: Data Acquisition Systems)
- Site Adaption Data (FAA ARTCC configuration of site resources)
- Situation Awareness Display
Samples in periodicals archive:
A former president of the Delhi Gurdwara Management Committee and Shiromani Akali Dal (Delhi), Paramjit Singh Sarna said that he still very skeptical about the outcome of today's court order.
So far, the Shiromani Akali Dal has voiced its support for Modi and the Biju Janata Dal has also said that it was open to working with him.
Summary: Apart from dealing with infighting in the BJP, Sidhu also had differences with the Shiromani Akali Dal over the issue of municipal corporation elections.
Several groups, including the BJP -- alliance partner of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab, said the issue was a matter of concern, even as the filmmakers tried to play down the controversy.
Somehow the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD),) managed to win the elections.
The principal opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is in power in Uttarakhand, while it shares power as a junior ally with the Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab.
Chidambaram during a press conference, Sikh political party Shiromani Akali Dal Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs.