The community forum was developed around the shipping container and ways to modify, maintain, and maximize its usefulness.
What does SEAVAN stand for?
SEAVAN stands for Shipping Container (Commercial- or Government-Owned or Leased)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Service Expansion and Technical Support (Zimbabwe family planning consortium project)
- Signal Extraction in ARIMA (Auto Regressive Integrated Moving Average) Time Series (software; statistics)
- South East Australian Training Services (Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia)
- Stock Exchange Alternative Trading System (finance)
- Stock Exchange Automated Trading System (Australia)
- Strategic Emergency Action Telephone System
- South East Asia Table Tennis Association
- Self-Extracting Archive Utility
- Strengthening Electoral Administration in Ukraine Project (US Agency for International Development)
- Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria (Australia)
- Southeastern Aerosol and Visibility Study (North Carolina and Tennessee)
- Stahl Exotic Animal Veterinary Services (Virginia)
- Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (UK)
- Southeast Education Association of Washington
- Structural Engineers Association of Washington
- Sea Water Activated Release System
- Sea Water Actuated Release System
- Sea & Weather Observation
- Scottish Environmental Accounts Working Group
- Sea-viewing Wide Field of View Sensor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: ANI Washington, January 16 (ANI): The survivors of the devastating Haiti earthquake may soon have a place to stay temporarily, thanks to a research that is exploring methods to convert shipping containers into emergency housing.
The greatest risk to shipping, the report said, would be a nuclear device smuggled into the United States in a shipping container.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] For the Nomadic Museum, Ban specified walls of used shipping containers (which can be rented in every major city), supporting a roof frame and tensile PVC membrane braced by trusses atop two colonnades.
The weekly services by Mediterranean Shipping Company and Maersk Line to Canada and by CMA CGM and China Shipping Container Lines to the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, consolidate Liverpool's position as the major UK port for container trade with North America.
But the brokers who arrange these exports often pad shipping containers with useless junk, essentially saddling African importers with electronic garbage.