Both CFE and GFE types may include initial provisioning, as well as those in support of ship alterations, ordnance alterations, special project alterations, technical inserts, and other design changes.
What does SPALT stand for?
SPALT stands for Ship Alteration
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SPALT
- Società Polisportiva Ars et Labor (Italian soccer team)
- Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory (University of Wisconsin; Madison, WI)
- Standardized Performance Assessment Laboratory (Des Moines University; Iowa)
- Stratford Police Athletic League
- Spot Profile Analysis Low Energy Electron Diffraction
- Section on Personnel Administration and Labor Relations (American Society for Public Administration)
- Shipment Planning & Address Labeling System
- Society for Popular Astronomy Lunar Section
- Speech Pathologists and Audiologists in Louisiana Schools (Lake Charles, LA)
- Subsequent Pregnancy After a Loss Support
- Special Project Alteration
- Special Projects Alteration
- Strategic Systems Program Alterations
- Special Allowance (Marine Corps, order describing info)
- [not an acronym] written spam -- slang name for Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE; junk/bulk email)
- Scanning Photo-Acoustic Microscopy
- Schools of the Pacific Atmospheric Monitoring
- Scientifically Processed Animal Matter
- Search Pattern Assessment Model
- Self Protection Analysis Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hazard and lesson learned reports are crucial for long term design and technological safety ship alteration improvements in a given class of ship or the implementation of new safety technology.
The Supply Corps officers assigned to NR fill key headquarters or field billets in one or more of the following areas: Financial Management--NR Supply Corps officers are responsible for long range planning and formulation of budgets (over two billion dollars per year) for reactor plant research and development, ship construction, replacement components, refueling cores, ship alterations, fleet technical support and nuclear operator training.
Cruiser conversion will enhance survivability and decrease maintenance costs by incorporating a number of hull, mechanical and electrical ship alterations, based on commanders' proposals.
Ship Alteration Item (SHIPALT) TZ-0856 (applicable to all 726-class subs) was issued in March 1997.