May 6-9, 2012 8th International Symposium on Shiga Toxin (Verocytotoxin) Producing Escherichia coli Infections Amsterdam, the Netherlands http://www.
What does Stx stand for?
Stx stands for Shiga Toxin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Stx
We have 16 other meanings of Stx in our Acronym Attic
- Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project (Nepal)
- Science and Technology Working Team
- Submaximal Treadmill Walk Test (cardiorespiratory fitness)
- Santa Teresa Water Treatment Plant (San Jose, CA)
- Semiconductor Technology Workshop Working Group
- Send Teletype-Writer Exchange Message (message type used with DMNE Defense Messaging Network Element)
- Stopway (FAA)
- Sales Tax
- Saxitoxin (toxin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shiga toxins represent a group of bacterial toxins that are involved in the most serious forms of food poisoning.
We only had one suspected case and the final culture report confirmed that the patient showed no signs of shiga toxin and is now in a stable condition.
The woman, who arrived here 10 days ago, was brought to HMC with diarrhoea, but we later confirmed that she is not having the bacteria as the result from the laboratory showed that her stools did not contain the Shiga toxin, which points at the bacteria in a host," Emergency Preparedness supervisor, Dr Shazia Nadeem, told a press conference.
there are one confirmed and three suspected cases of Shiga toxin E.
For those who have survived the Shiga toxin and the after-effects of food poisoning, they may have been innocent victims of a battle for survival between predator and prey.
Shiga toxins were not isolated from any of 406 samples from pigeons, but virulence genes typically associated with disease in humans were identified in isolates from 7.