Just ask anyone at Cisco Systems, which, after a profit warning last fall, watched a staggering $38 billion in shareholder value vanish in a single day
What does SHV stand for?
SHV stands for Shareholder Value
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SHV
We have 24 other meanings of SHV in our Acronym Attic
- Shanghai University of Political Science and Law (Shanghai, China)
- State Highway User Revenue
- Summer Honors Undergraduate Research Program
- Shawnee Heights Unified School District #450 (Tecumseh, KS)
- Sentinel Health Unit Surveillance System (Canada)
- SuperHeroesUT (mod for Unreal Tournament)
- Sleep Healthy Using the Internet (online insomnia treatment)
- Stabilized Human Umbilical Vein
- Safe High Voltage (coaxial cable connector)
- Science and Human Values (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These include: * managing the cultural differences between operating a traditional insurer and a new e-business organization; * assigning scarce, top-level talent and resources to a fledgling business; * gaining timely access to senior decision makers for a small-revenue entity; * getting into the market fast--within three to four months--to establish a "first mover" advantage; * attracting and rewarding the experienced talent necessary to drive e-businesses; * absorbing the expenses and losses associated with launching new e-businesses for the first three to five years; and * realizing the potential of shareholder value generation from e-commerce initial public offerings or spinoffs.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO ACHIEVE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE - THE TRUE DRIVER OF SHAREHOLDER VALUE - YOU WON'T FIND IT IN PEAK EFFICIENCY, INSTEAD, TRY OPTIMIZING YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN.
A dozen years ago, scant attention was paid to shareholder value and its link to corporate governance and enterprise performance.
The Schlitz story is a classic example of the danger of focusing on shareholder value while ignoring customer value.
Nothing but the facts Incentivizing management to increase shareholder value means nothing to management unless the executives understand how value is created.