Examples of technology alliances include: * Bluetooth SIG -- Based on the Bluetooth[TM] specification for a small form-factor, low-cost radio solution providing links between mobile computers, mobile phones, and other portable handheld devices, and connectivity to the Internet; * HiperLAN1 - HiperLAN Alliance and HiperLAN2 Global Forum -- promotional bodies for (high performance radio local area network) in Europe in the 5-GHz frequency range; * HomeRF -- Based on a specification for wireless communications in the home called the shared wireless access protocol (SWAP).
What does SWAP stand for?
SWAP stands for Shared Wireless Access Protocol (HRFWG)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SWAP
We have 149 other meanings of SWAP in our Acronym Attic
- Salem Writers, Artists and Publishers
- Seattle Women Act for Peace
- Section Wide Approach
- Sector Wide Approach (health)
- Semantic Web Application Platform
- Semantic Web Applications and Perspectives (workshop)
- Severe Weather Avoidance Plan
- Severe Weather Avoidance Procedures
- Severe Weather Avoidance Program (aviation)
- Share With A Pal
- Sharing with A Purpose
- Sheriffs' Work Alternative Program
- Short-Wavelength Automated Perimetry
- Simple Workflow Access Protocol (Netscape)
- Size, Weight And Power
- Small World Adoption Programs, Inc.
- Social Policy and Social Work (UK)
- Social Work and Policy
- Software Application Procedure (Sprint)
- Solar Wind Analyzer Around Pluto (NASA New Horizons Project)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Proxim, a supplier of wireless LAN products, and Intel are currently working together to develop wireless home networking products based on the HomeRF Shared Wireless Access Protocol specification.