Our planned mission for the day included a one-and-a-half-hour transit from the carrier to our first tanker, followed by reconnaissance tasking using the shared reconnaissance pod (SHARP).
What does SHARP stand for?
SHARP stands for Shared Reconnaissance Pod (reconnaissance system in development for Navy aircraft)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SHARP
We have 77 other meanings of SHARP in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Hypnosis and Relaxation Machine
- Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (Massachusetts)
- Safety and Health Assessment and Research for Prevention
- Safety Health Awareness and Recognition Program
- Science, Health and Related Policies Network (Scientists and Engineers for America)
- Self-Healing Alternate Route Protection
- Sexual Harassment and Racism Prevention (Canadian Forces)
- Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention Program
- Sexual Harassment/Assault Response & Prevention (US Army)
- Sexual Harrassment/Assualt Prevention Program (US Army)
- Sharp Hybrid Adaptive Routing Protocol
- Shelter Housing Aid and Research Project (UK)
- Sheriffs’ Automobile Risk Program (Florida)
- Ships Analysis And Retrieval Project
- Sierra Hotel Aviation Readiness Program
- Singles Having A Real Purpose
- Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice
- Slender Hypervelocity Aerothermodynamic Research Probe (experimental space-vehicle)
- SMART/HDAC1 Associated Repressor Protein
- Social Habilitation And Relapse Prevention
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A Photographer's Mate 3rd Class, assigned to the Diamondbacks of Strike Fighter Squadron One Zero Two (VFA-102), inserts a maintenance data card in a Shared Reconnaissance Pod (SHARP) before launch aboard the conventionally powered aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63).
On 28 August, a prototype Shared Reconnaissance Pod (SHARP) demonstrated its real-time imagery capability as it flew over Washington, D.