In cooperation with the Republic of South Africa, April 15-16 in Oslo, Norway will host an international conference on human rights, sexual orientation and gender identity.
What does SOGI stand for?
SOGI stands for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (various organizations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOGI
We have 2 other meanings of SOGI in our Acronym Attic
- Ste. de Gestion de l'Aeronautique de la Defense et de l'Espace (France)
- Society of Grain Elevator Superintendents (now the Grain Elevator and Processing Society, GEAPS)
- Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise et le Traitement de l'Information
- Southwest Ohio Girls Fastpitch Softball Association
- Seven Oaks General Hospital (Canada)
- Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospitalists
- South Okanagan General Hospital (Oliver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Supra Owners Group Holland
- Surveillance of the Gorilla Habitat
- Samson Oil and Gas, Inc. (Canada)
- Supra Owners Group International (Toyota Supra)
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Advisory Group
- Saints of God in Christ (Christian fellowship)
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Conference
- Service Order Group Identifier
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identification Issues
- Sociedade de Gestao Integrada de Recursos
- Spin-On-Glass Image Reversal
- Senior Officials' Group for Information Technology Standardization
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the report on homophobia in education and the handling of homophobic incidents compiled by the anti-discrimination authority working under the Ombudswoman, the ministry must take measures to tackle problems faced by both educators and pupils who face discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Unprecedented support for statement on sexual orientation and gender identity.
MANHATTAN - On Tuesday, July 6, the Manhattan City Commission met to discuss the proposal to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the city's non-discrimination ordinance.
Progress at the United Nations In a powerful victory for the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, sixty-six nations supported a groundbreaking statement in December 2008 confirming that international human rights protections include sexual orientation and gender identity.
Visit the public policy section of the IREM Web site to read the briefing paper on this topic, "Laws Prohibiting Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
Employment Non-Discrimination Act ENDA, which has been hanging around Capitol Hill in one form or another for decades, seeks to outlaw discrimination in the workplace based on sexual orientation and gender identity.