Sew Much Comfort (SMC), a non-profit organization energized by the laboring fingers of volunteer seamstresses, creates or adapts clothing to meet the unique needs of wounded service members and veterans in hospitals at home and overseas.
What does SMC stand for?
SMC stands for Sew Much Comfort (charitable volunteer organization)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMC
We have 798 other meanings of SMC in our Acronym Attic
- Sequential Math Course
- Sequential Monte-Carlo (technique for numerical approximation)
- Sergeant Major's Course (USASMC)
- Sergeant Morales Club (US Army)
- Serial Magnitude Command
- Service Management Center (telecommunications)
- Service Management Channel (Nortel)
- Service Management Console (various companies)
- Service Management Consultant
- Service Merchandise Corporation
- Shambhala Mountain Center (meditation center; Feather Lakes, CO)
- Shamva Mining Centre (Zimbabwe)
- Shanghai Meteorological Center
- Sheet Music Consortium (various schools)
- Sheet-Molded Composite (plastic used in autobody panels)
- Sheet-Molding Compound
- Sheffield Motorcycle Centre (UK)
- Ship Service Motors & Controllers Manual (TMINS)
- Shipboard Maneuvering Calculator
- Siemens Management Consulting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Proceeds benefit grass roots soldier and family support charities such as Operation Pinecone, Sew Much Comfort, Stars for Stripes, The 9/11 Help America Foundation and The 1st Lt.
I learned about Sew Much Comfort after hearing about a special woman, Ginger Dosedel, who made clothing items for injured Soldiers," said Maj.