Fisher said Haiti's economic growth rate has fallen "well below forecast levels" and the country was last year beset by severe tropical storms and drought that exacerbated food insecurity affecting many households.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Severe Tropical Storm
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STS
We have 713 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Sequence Tagged Site
- Sequential Thinning Strategy (forestry)
- Serologic Test for Syphilis
- Server Translation Scheme (VSS)
- Service des Tâches Spéciales (French: Service of Special Tasks)
- Service Technicians Society
- Service to Self
- Service to Servants (various locations)
- Serviciul de Telecomunicatii Speciale (Special Telephony Service; Romanian Secret Service)
- Servo-actuator Test Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
In nature, what H is a severe tropical storm with torrential rain and winds above 73 miles per hour?
Six salons in upstate New York and northern Pennsylvania faced a long rebuilding process after they were destroyed in August by the destructive one-two punch of Hurricane Irene and a severe tropical storm just several days later.
4 (BNA) - Severe tropical storm Talas, which hit western Japan, has left 9 people dead and more than 30 others missing.
And, tragically, there is the added question of how a severe tropical storm might carry the Gulf oil spill onshore.