More students are doing service because they firmly believe that collective action is the best way to get out there and accomplish something," explains Campus Compact President Maureen Curley, who says that 98 percent of Campus Compact schools now offer service learning courses, and that 86 percent have created their own community service or service learning offices.
What does SLO stand for?
SLO stands for Service Learning Office (various schools)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLO
We have 107 other meanings of SLO in our Acronym Attic
- Sublingual Nitroglycerin
- Speed Limits New Zealand
- Salem, Illinois (Airport Code)
- Salon du Livre de l'Outaouais (French: Outaouais Book Fair; Canada)
- San Luis Obispo (California)
- Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope (eye examination tool)
- Scholarships Liaison Officer
- School Liaison Officer
- Senior Liaison Officer
- Senior Loan Officer
- Service Level Objectives (information technology services)
- Shared Learning Outcomes
- Significant Learning Opportunity (euphemism)
- Singapore Lyric Opera (Singapore; est. 1990)
- Single Line Only
- Slovak/Slovenian (language)
- Slovenia (ISO Country Identifier)
- Slow Above
- Société Limousine d'Odonatologie (French: Limousin Society of Odanatology)
- Société Luxembourgeoise d'Oncologie (French: Luxembourg Society of Oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, 83 courses are approved as service learning courses at UCF by the course approval committee (UCF Service Learning Office 2005).