Designed for server consolidation, data center applications and server virtualization, the NEC Express5800/340Hb is the ultimate platform for running multiple applications from a single server with instantaneous fail-over, advanced monitoring and no single point of failure.
What does SCON stand for?
SCON stands for Server CONsolidation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SCON
We have 5 other meanings of SCON in our Acronym Attic
- Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipment and Technologies (import export regulations)
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- Software Component Management Object (Open Mobile Alliance)
- Secure Communications Processor
- South Carolina Osteopathic Medical Society
- Suffolk Computer Services (UK)
- South Central Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council
- Samaritan College of Nursing (Grand Canyon University; Phoenix, AZ)
- Scheme Contracted-Out Number (UK)
- Serial Port Control Register (Intel 8051 Microcontroller)
- Sporting Clubs of Niagara (Canada)
- Student Consultant (University of New Mexico)
- Student Conference on National Affairs
- Standing Committee on National Defence (Canadian Parliament)
- Standing Committee On National Defence and Veterans Affairs (Canada)
- Sprint Cars of New England
- Swissy Club of New England (dog club; Amherst, MA)
- Student Conference on Engineering Sciences and Technology
- Security Concept of Operations
- Senate Concurrent Resolution (non-legislative act of both houses of Congress)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Benefits of Consolidation Server consolidation has been proven to optimize IT costs and efficiency while increasing business uptime.
IBM Corp's server consolidation business is pulling resources together from across its product and services divisions to create a single 'go-to-market' message.
Benefits driving the adoption of server consolidation by enterprises include business continuance/disaster recovery, improved security, quicker deployment and integration of applications to take advantage of business opportunity and better manageability.
Another emerging native application for IP SANs is server consolidation.