They then soaked the testes tissue in a mixture called KnockOut Serum Replacement, often used to grow embryonic stem cells.
What does SR stand for?
SR stands for Serum Replacement (biochemistry)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SR
We have 157 other meanings of SR in our Acronym Attic
- Senior Rater
- Señor (Spanish: Mister)
- Sensor Reader
- Separate Rations
- Serbia & Montenegro
- Sergei Rachmaninov (classical composer)
- Serim Ral (gaming)
- Serine/Arginine-Rich (proteins)
- Serum Receptor (biochemistry)
- Service Record
- Service Release
- Service Report
- Service Representative
- Service Request
- Serviço da República (Portuguese official stationery)
- Serviço Regional do Ministério da Educação (Portuguese: Regional Ministry of Education; Portugal)
- Serviço Representações (Portuguese: Service Representatives)
- Session Relay (computer networking)
- Set Reset
Samples in periodicals archive:
The human embryonic stem cells remained contaminated by Neu5Gc even when grown in special culture conditions with commercially available serum replacements, apparently because these are also derived from animal products," Varki said in a statement.