The activities of the Council are intended to help support the creation and expansion of comprehensive, community-based systems of care for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbance in Iowa.
What does SED stand for?
SED stands for Serious Emotional Disturbance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SED
We have 210 other meanings of SED in our Acronym Attic
- Sedalia (Amtrak station code; Sedalia, MO)
- Sedom, Israel - Domestic Airfield (airport code)
- Seeing-Eye Dog
- Selective Eating Disorder (psychology)
- Self Employment Development (various organizations)
- Self-Encrypting Drive
- Senior Executive Development
- Senior Executive Director (various organizations)
- Sensor Evolutionary Development (aeronautics)
- Service d'Enseignement à Distance (French: Services for Distance Learning)
- Service d'Expérimentation et de Développement (French: Experimentation and Development Office; National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control)
- Service des Etablissements de Détention (French: Office of Detention Facilities; Switzerland)
- Severe Emotional Disability
- Severely Emotionally Disturbed
- Severely Employment Disadvantaged
- Shipper's Export Declaration
- Shore Establishments Division (US Navy)
- Short Edge Distance
- Signals External Data (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CMCC is funded through a federal grant and aims to increase access to appropriate services and allow for coordination of care for youths who are at risk of hospitalization or residential care because of a serious emotional disturbance.
The system is underresourced and disjointed and, unfortunately, this system is where we often find the 5 to 9% of American children who have at least one serious emotional disturbance (SED) and the 896,000 children abused or neglected each year (2002 estimates according to the Child Welfare League of America).
108-446), defines students eligible for special education services as those who meet the criteria for one or more of the following: autism, hearing impairment, mental retardation, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment (which includes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), serious emotional disturbance (now referred to as emotional disturbance), specific learning disability, speech or language impairment, traumatic brain injury, and visual impairment.
He added: "It is a particular social evil that ruins family life, as you know, and causes serious emotional disturbance and sometimes serious physical injury to victims - and that is what happened here.
The "Final Report" of the New Freedom Commission on Mental Health, a federal panel created in 2002 to "promote successful community integration for adults with a serious mental illness and children with a serious emotional disturbance," calls for the "total transformation" of America's "mental health delivery system.