ricinus-borne infection of persons in Europe is Lyme borreliosis, a multisystemic disorder caused by spirochetes of the Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato complex (2).
What does s.l. stand for?
s.l. stands for Sensu Lato (Latin: In the Wider Sense)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 139 other meanings of s.l. in our Acronym Attic
- Steering-Assisted Vehicle Stability Control
- Semantically View Synchronous Multicast
- S-Band Volume Search Radar
- Static Wavelength Routed Optical Network
- Space Power Optimization with Zero-Forcing
- Space Power Optimization with Zero-Forcing with Successive Interference Cancellation
- Sport Association
- Scalp Averaged Auditory Evoked Potentials
- Student Member American Society of Civil Engineers
- Sine Nomine (Latin: Without Name)
- Sarjana Pendidikan (Indonesian: Bachelor of Education)
- Sarjana Sosial (Indonesian: Bachelor of Social)
- Same as Above
- Sand-to-Aggregate ratio (concrete)
- Scheduled/Actual (mortgages)
- Selective Availability (GPS satellite mode)
- Semi-Annual (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Grapefruit seed extract is a powerful in vitro agent against motile and cystic forms of Borreiia burgdorferi sensu lato.
It is useful to mention that Tillyard originally included Triassomantidae in the former order Orthoptera sensu lato as he considered this family related to mantises (now the suborder Mantina in the order Dictyoptera), but Riek (1956) transferred the family to the order Orthoptera sensu stricto (in a recent volume), and Sharov (1962) first put this taxon in the order Protoblattodea (= Eoblattida; Rasnitsyn 2002).
Zamanla degisik Borrelia turleri tanimlanmis ve bunlar Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato olarak isimlendirilen bir komplekste toplanmistir.
In spite of the modem classifications mentioned above, studies focused on the venom activities of snakes species other than vipers, elapids and atractaspidids were based in the orthodoxal classification, considering species currently allocated in other families as belonging to the Colubridae sensu lato (e.
We developed a homogeneous GenomEra PCR assay for Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato, a species complex of tick-transmitted spirochetes causing Lyme borreliosis (6).
Proceeding from such a general policy, the new journal will publish papers covering the whole field of Earth sciences, including, besides different geological sensu lato disciplines, also geography and oceanography having certain connection with our part of the world, North Europe and the Baltic area in particular.