The Cadwell Sierra LT electromyograph and stimulator (Cadwell Laboratories, Inc, Kennewick, WA) were used to measure the compound motor action potential (CMAP) and sensory nerve action potential (SNAP) latencies and amplitudes.
What does SNAP stand for?
SNAP stands for Sensory Nerve Action Potential
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SNAP
We have 317 other meanings of SNAP in our Acronym Attic
- Secure NFC (Near Field Communication) Application (radio communication protocol program; Graz, Austria)
- Security Night Assistance Patrol
- SEGA Network Application Package
- Select and Native Programming (US DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System)
- Selected Nomenclature for Sources of Air Pollution
- Sell Now Assistance Program
- Senior Naval Aviator Present (US Navy)
- Senior Nutrition Assistance Program
- Sensitive New Age Pilot
- Sensor Network Asynchronous Processor
- Shielded Neutron Assay Probe
- Shipboard Non-Tactical ADP Program
- Shipboard Non-Tactical Automated Data Processing
- Shipboard Numerical Aids Program
- Ships/Shipboard Nontactical Automation Program
- Short Notice Annual Practice
- Significant New Alternatives Policy (US EPA Office of Air and Radiation)
- Significant Non-Compliance Action Program
- Simple Network Automated Provisioning (Cisco)
- Simplified Nonstandard Item Acquisition Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
24,25) The presence of a CDP indicates conduction of sensory nerve action potentials through the brachial or lumbar plexus to the spinal cord.
Low amplitude sensory nerve action potential and multifocal compound muscle action potential and normal or minimally decreased velocity were reported in the previous studies with RA patients (14-16).
A percutaneous depolarizing current is introduced and the motor or sensory nerve action potential is measured a certain distance from the stimulus.