The DEA's work is to promote the development of specialised, sensitive investigative units within existing national drug control agencies, services and departments in the region, the department said.
What does SIU stand for?
SIU stands for Sensitive Investigative Unit
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIU
We have 72 other meanings of SIU in our Acronym Attic
- See, I Told You So
- Seychelles International Trade Zone (Seychelles)
- Salem International University
- Sapporo International University (Japan)
- Scheduling Information Unsolicited (health care)
- Schiller International University
- School Improvement Unit (various locations)
- Seafarers International Union
- Secondary Index Utility
- Sector Intelligence Unit (US Border Patrol)
- Senter for internasjonalisering av høyere utdanning (Centre for International University Cooperation; Norway)
- Senter for Internasjonalt Universitetssamarbeid (Norwegian: Centre for International University Cooperation)
- Serial Interface Unit
- Service Informatique Universitaire (French: University Computing Services; University of Namur; Belgium)
- Sets In Use (TV)
- Signal Interface Unit
- Significant Industrial User
- Simulation Interface Unit (US DoD)
- Sinyal Isleme, Iletisim Ve Uygulamalari Kurultayi (Turkish)
- Slide in Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United States and Britain have formed two FBI-style units, the Major Crimes Task Force and the Sensitive Investigative Unit, to pursue the case.
Gates said two units - the Major Crimes Task Force and the Sensitive Investigative Unit, should operate under Afghan law, but added that the US will keep backing investigations into cronyism and illicit activities.
Kerry said he was heartened to hear Karzai say that he will take steps to guarantee the independent operation of the Major Crimes Task Force and the Sensitive Investigative Unit.