Wellington Fire Brigade senior station officer Paul Lyall stated that the fire, believed to be electrical, was located in the ceiling of the departure lounge.
What does SSO stand for?
SSO stands for Senior Station Officer (fire service; Australia and New Zealand)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSO
We have 250 other meanings of SSO in our Acronym Attic
- Scarborough Symphony Orchestra (UK)
- School Support Organization
- Scleroderma Society of Ontario
- Scottsdale Symphony Orchestra (Arizona)
- Seaward Security Officer
- Secondary Significant Other (polyamory)
- Seguro Social Obligatorio (Spanish: Compulsory Social Security; various locations)
- Senior Sales Officer (various locations)
- Senior Scientific Officer (UK)
- Senior Staff Officer
- Separate Sewer Overflow
- Sequence-Specific Oligonucleotide (Probes; genotyping)
- Server-Side Object (computing)
- Service Support Office
- Shadow Stalkers Organization
- Shared Service Organization
- Shared Services and Outsourcing
- Shared Storage Option (VERITAS Software Corporation)
- Shattered Sun Offensive (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Sheriff's Special Officer (Orange County, California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As an emergency nurse at Waikato Hospital and a senior firefighter who happened to be also in the line of fire at the Tamahere explosion, I swelled with pride when driving down Hamilton's main street during the procession for Senior Station Officer Derek Lovell, and saw the NZNO banner.
Weekly pay for firefighters is pounds 324 for an 18-year-old during the first few months of employment, pounds 460 for a leading firefighter after 15 years' service, pounds 488 for a senior sub-officer, and pounds 566 for a senior station officer.