As the Air Force's Senior Intelligence Officer he is directly responsible to the Director of National Intelligence and the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.
What does SIO stand for?
SIO stands for Senior Intelligence Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIO
We have 98 other meanings of SIO in our Acronym Attic
- Steel Institute of New York
- Syndicat d'Initiative de Nyangezi (French: Union Intiative of Nyangezi; Congo)
- South Island New Zealand
- Safety Interlock Override
- Scalable Input/Output Initiative (California Institute of Technology)
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Second Institute of Oceanography (China)
- Section Interorganisations
- Secure Identity Object (data model)
- Security and Information Operations
- Senior International Officer (various organizations)
- Senior Investigation Officer (UK)
- Serial Input/Output
- serious inquiries only
- Service Information Octet (SS7)
- Service Inventory Optimization (software)
- Services in Operation
- Set It Off (entertainment)
- Shanghai Informatization Office
- Ship's Information Officer (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
OIn my considered judgment as the nation's senior intelligence officer, sequestration jeopardizes our nation's safety and security.
uk CHARITIES, police and other organisations working to combat the spread of illegal drugs in South Wales should learn to share information more readily, one of the country's most senior intelligence officers said yesterday.
On the morning of November 22, 1963, the day Kennedy was killed, Castro ordered a senior intelligence officer in Havana to stop listening for non-specific CIA radio communications and concentrate instead on "any little detail, any small detail from Texas", Latell claims in his new book 'Castro's Secrets - the CIA and Cuba's Intelligence Machine', set for release next month.
It will also seek to look after the interests of officers suspended for alleged violations against protesters and advise the government on security issues, said former senior intelligence officer Adel Flaifil.
Byline: SAM MARSDEN MI6 regarded Alastair Campbell as "somewhat of an unguided missile" in discussions about intelligence before the Iraq War, a senior intelligence officer has said.
But a senior intelligence officer told Sir John Chilcot's inquiry into the conflict that was what happened.
Byline: John Ferguson A SENIOR intelligence officer has told how he was ordered to "sex up" the "dodgy dossier" making the case for war in Iraq.