These goals were identified with the intent of setting up self-sustaining systems that would last well after our tour ended in order to ensure continuous operations.
What does S3 stand for?
S3 stands for Self-Sustaining Systems (workshop)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of S3
We have 13 other meanings of S3 in our Acronym Attic
- Security Standards Transition Team
- Same to You
- Seems to Work
- Heart Sounds
- Operations & Training Officer
- Safety and Suitability for Service (NATO munitions)
- Scream Trilogy (movies)
- Secondary 3 (various locations)
- Secure Software Systems
- Selection for Societal Sanity (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty game)
- Signals, Sensors and Systems (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Silicon and Software Systems
- Silverstream Software
- Simple Storage Service (Amazon service)
- Sleep Mode 3 (deep-sleep computer power-down state)
- Soils, Sediment and Subsurface Inc (Tallahassee, FL)
- Solid Snake Simulation (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty game)
- Special Sensor System
- Spectrum Supportability System (US DoD Defense Information Systems Agency)
- Start-up Number Three (S3, Inc., Santa Clara, CA; founded 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
 Although concerning himself with energy flows of ecosystems in the landscape, Sullivan did not take the McHargian route of designing naturalistic self-sustaining systems, but has always worked with the art form as an integral part of the design equation.