Not all the robo-runners were able to 'run' in the right direction from the starting line, some didn't move at all while one paused and then fell straight on its metal face, although it impressively stood up again courtesy of a clearly much-needed self-righting mechanism.
What does SRIMECH stand for?
SRIMECH stands for Self-Righting Mechanism (Robot Wars)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Soluble Receptor of IL (Interleukin)
- Sprint RPG India Limited
- Stanford Research Institute Language Modeling (toolkit)
- Simulated Radar Image
- Simulated Radar Image Modeling
- Stockroom and Readiness Inventory Management (DMLSS)
- Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter
- Structural Reaction Injection Molding
- System Realization using Information Matrix
- Self-Righting Mechanism (helps a robot right itself)
- Sulzbach-Rosenberg International Music Festival
- Sea Rescue Institute of Namibia
- Short-Range Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces
- Serial RapidIO (BittWare high speed serial interface technology)
- Swedish Roots in Oregon (est. 1999)
- Savannah River Implementing Procedure
- Scottish Rail Industry Partners
- Selected Reserve Incentive Program
- Ship Readiness Improvement Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also has a self-righting mechanism, can be beached in an emergency without causing damage to engines or steering gear, is fitted with GPS and VHF direction-finding equipment and can be operated safely in daylight in force 6-7 and at night in force 5-6 winds.