The last thing we need are more self-inflicted wounds from Washington - like the across-the-board spending cuts that are already hurting many communities; cuts that economists predict will cost our economy hundreds of thousands of jobs.
What does SIW stand for?
SIW stands for Self-Inflicted Wounds
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIW
We have 45 other meanings of SIW in our Acronym Attic
- Simian Immunodeficiency Virus from Sooty Mangabey
- System Integration Verification and Test
- Syndicat Intercommunal à Vocation Unique (French single-purpose municipal group)
- South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital (Ireland)
- Sicher, Instandsetzen, Verbinden Und Verstaerken Von Betonbauteilen (Safe, Repairing, Connecting and Strengthening Concrete Components)
- Surface Integration of Velocity Vectors
- Systems Integration and Visualization of Yellowstone (California State University Monterey Bay)
- Support and Information for Victims of Youth Crime (UK)
- Stichting Informatie Voorziening Zorg (Dutch: Information Supply Care Foundation)
- School of Infantry Weapons (Singapore Armed Forces)
- Senior Information Warfare Applications Course
- Service Interworking (ATM, frame relay, etc.)
- Sex Industry Worker (adult services)
- Share Ideas Willingly
- Shipping Intelligence Weekly (publication; Clarkson)
- Silent in Waiting (gaming group)
- Simulation Interoperability Workshop
- Simulation Works, Inc. (Saint Paul, MN)
- Sinnlos Im Weltraum (German Star Trek spoof)
- Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament, Cleveland (religious order)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But some self-inflicted wounds may have garnered more attention.
Their mother Fiona Donnison, 43, was arrested on suspicion of their murder and is in a stable condition at Eastbourne District General Hospital, where she is being treated for apparent self-inflicted wounds.
Donnison, who was estranged from her husband, was discharged from hospital after being treated for apparently self-inflicted wounds.
Recording the open verdict, the Coroner said: "Dr Lucas cannot exclude the possibility of a self-inflicted wound and Mr Currier has something of a history of self-inflicted wounds.
Recording an open verdict, Mr Williams said: "Dr Lucas cannot exclude the possibility of a self-inflicted wound and Mr Currier has something of a history of self-inflicted wounds.