AWbombs could be thrown by hand or projected and contained a self-igniting phosphorus chemical which is believed to explode on impact.
What does SIP stand for?
SIP stands for Self-Igniting Phosphorus
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIP
We have 614 other meanings of SIP in our Acronym Attic
- Scientific Investigations Plan
- SCSI Interlock Protocol
- Seasonal to Interannual Prediction (World Meteorological Organization)
- Seat Index Point
- Second Intermediate Period
- Sector Investment Programmes
- Secure Internet Programming (Princeton University)
- Security Improvement Process
- Security Investment Program
- Segment Interface Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
W bombs contained a self-igniting phosphorus chemical designed to explode on impact.
He said: "The bottles found were self-igniting phosphorus grenades from WWII, designed as an anti-tank weapon.