Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP): The budget seeks $39 million for SHOP in fiscal year 2009--an increase of $12.
What does SHOP stand for?
SHOP stands for Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHOP
We have 31 other meanings of SHOP in our Acronym Attic
- Sacred Heart of Mary (UK girl's school)
- Safe Haven Outreach Ministry, Inc.
- Sequencing by Hybridization on Oligonucleotide Matrix
- Service Hydrographique et Océanographique de la Marine
- Safe Haven Outreach Ministries, Inc.
- Stichting Hersenletsel Organisaties Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Brain Foundation Organizations)
- Surface Hors Oeuvre Nette (French: Overall Surface Clear)
- Soft Handover Overhead
- Superfluid Helium On-Orbit Transfer
- Shooting Report
- Shell Higher Olefins Process (Shell Chemicals)
- Simple Hierarchical Ordered Planner
- Small High-power Optics Program
- Student Homeownership Opportunity Program (seminar)
- Students Helping Other People (various locations)
- School Home Office Products Association
- Short Path Infrared
- Shore Patrol
- Shop Capacity
- Shop Code
Samples in periodicals archive:
The secretary outlined four homeownership priorities in HUD's fiscal year 2003 budget: * Quadrupling of the American Dream downpayment fund, which helps low-income, first-time homebuyers meet downpayment and closing costs; * Tripling of the Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program, which supports construction of homes for low-income Americans through programs such as Habitat for Humanity; * Permitting low-income families to put up to a year's worth of Section 8 vouchers toward the downpayment on a home; and * Making housing counseling a separate program, with $15 million of new funds.