Renana Jhabvala is best known for her long association with the Self-Employed Women's Association (SEWA), India which has 1.
What does SEWA stand for?
SEWA stands for Self-Employed Women's Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SEWA
We have 4 other meanings of SEWA in our Acronym Attic
- South East Water (Australia)
- Sovereign Empire Wrestling
- Space and Electronic Warfare
- Space, Electronic Warfare
- Special Effects Weaponry
- Spiritual Emphasis Week
- Standard Electric Works Co, Ltd
- Surface Electromagnetic Wave
- 30th IEEE Software Engineering Workshop
- Shared Early Warning Display
- Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority
- Sikh Education Welfare and Advancement (UK)
- Society for Education, Welfare and Action (India)
- Sumitomo Electric Wintec America, Inc. (Edmonton, KY)
- Surface Energy and Water Balance
- Social and Emotional Well Being
- Southeastern Washington Building and Construction Trades Council
- Sierra Environmental Water Caucus (Sierra Nevada Alliance)
- Southeastern Workers Conference
- Space and Electronic Warfare Commander
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Self-Employed Women's Association of India (SEWA) is a trade union for poor, self-employed women workers in India.
Working in India's informal sector, the Self-Employed Women's Association (SEWA) is helping thousands of Indian women meet their business needs.
It was not until the 1980s and 1990s that feminist activists from the South, for example, the Self-Employed Women's Association (SEWA) in India, attempted a synthesis between crafts production and industrial homework, and gained acceptance in global debates.