Scuba is the acronym for a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus, and candidates at the dive school learn to use both open- and closed-circuit dive systems.
What does SCUBA stand for?
SCUBA stands for Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCUBA
We have 3 other meanings of SCUBA in our Acronym Attic
- Salem County Utilities Authority (New Jersey)
- Sekolah Catur Utut Adianto (Indonesian: Utut Adianto Chess School; Indonesia)
- Sonoma County Union of the Arts (California)
- South Carolina United Action (Orangeburg, SC)
- Special Collections and University Archives
- Swiss CATIA (Computer-Aided Three-Dimensional Interactive Application) User Association (Switzerland)
- State Colleges and Universities Athletic Association (Philippines, Collegiate Athletic Meet)
- South Carolina University Affiliated Program
- Senate Committee on University Budget (Simon Fraser University; Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
- Sports Club University Bolzano (Italy)
- Something's Creepy Under Boat, Andy (Boy Meets World)
- St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures, Inc.
- Submillimeter Common-User Bolometer Array
- Super Cool Undersea Bible Adventure
- SCUBA Diver Badge
- Safer Crack Use Coalition (Toronto, Canada)
- Satellite Communications Users Conference
- Security Constrained Unit Commitment
- Small Cell Undifferentiated Carcinoma (cancer)
- Sunshine Coast University College
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is also relatively inexpensive since the equipment ( flippers, wet suit, mask and self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (scuba) ( is included in the course fee.
He also asked if any students had sought training in the use of a "rebreather" - a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus that reuses unused oxygen in each exhaled breath.