CPAs can gain certain insights by comparing the SEC's and the PCAOB'S oversight responsibilities with respect to five major functions registration, rule making, inspections, investigations and enforcement--with those of self regulatory organizations such as the NASD and the stock exchanges.
What does SRO stand for?
SRO stands for Self Regulatory Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SRO
We have 178 other meanings of SRO in our Acronym Attic
- Short Range Numerical Weather Prediction (EUMETNET)
- Sacramento River National Wildlife Refuge (California)
- Ski Racing New Zealand
- Saudi Railways Organization (Saudi Arabia)
- Savannah River Operations
- School Resource Officer
- Scientific Research Organisation
- Scottish Recorder Orchestra (UK)
- Security Response Option
- Seismic Research Observatory(ies)
- Self-Regulating Organization
- Senior Ranking Officer
- Senior Reactor Operator
- Senior Responsible Officer
- Senior Responsible Owners (UK)
- Sensitive Reconnaissance Operations
- Serious Replies Only
- Service de Radiobiologie et d'Oncologie (French: Radiobiology and Oncology Service)
- Service Repair Order
- Service Request Order
Samples in periodicals archive:
For some time, the Board has been of the view that the exchanges and self regulatory organizations (SROs) are well positioned for developing and refining margin policy.