Get advice on pension options, including personal and employers' schemes, Self Invested Personal Pensions, ISAs and from next year the National Employment Savings Trust, to help you find the most suitable product from The Pensions Advisory Service on 0845 601 2923.
What does SIPP stand for?
SIPP stands for Self Invested Personal Pension
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIPP
We have 61 other meanings of SIPP in our Acronym Attic
- South Island Pied Oystercatcher (bird breed)
- Standards in Public Office (Ireland)
- State Intellectual Property Office (China)
- Strategic Indicative Plan for the Organ
- System Implementation Project Office
- System Integration Project Office
- Supply, Input, Process, Output, Customer Diagram
- Semi-Insulating Polycrystalline Silicon
- Semi-Insulating Polysilicon
- Strategic Initiatives, Partnerships and Outreach Staff (USDA)
- Service Interne de Prévention et de Protection au Travail (French: Internal Service for Prevention and Protection at Work; Belgium)
- Simple Internet Protocol Plus
- Simple Polygon Processor
- Single Inline Pin Package
- Social Investment Program Project (Bangladesh)
- Stable Image Platform Program (Intel Corporation)
- Standard Interconnect Performance Parameter
- Standard Interline Passenger Procedures
- State Injury Prevention Program (Kentucky)
- State Inpatient Psychiatric Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
One area that does open up opportunities for those who want to take a more active role in how their pension funds are managed and invested is the Self Invested Personal Pension (Sipp).
He says the buy-to-letmarket is moving towards tighter regulation, more in keeping with mainstream mortgage lending, while the A-day reform of pensions in April next year, where residential property can be bought via a self invested personal pension scheme (SIPPS), is set to encourage many more into property investment.
It has also backed products like the Self Invested Personal Pension and said it has a market-leading position in SIPP
Under current legislation it is possible to borrow 75% of the purchase price of a property and the purchase of a commercial property can be made via a self invested personal pension plan (SIPP).
Currently within a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP), a pension can borrow 75% of the building's value meaning business-owners only need to raise 25%.