The combination of the selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) baze-doxifene and conjugated estrogens produced "very favorable" changes in lipid profiles and no clinically meaningful effects on coagulation parameters, fibrinolytic activity, or carbohydrate metabolism in the phase III SMART-1 trial, Dr.
What does SERM stand for?
SERM stands for Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SERM
We have 18 other meanings of SERM in our Acronym Attic
- Special Events Readiness Level (US FBI)
- Super Eutectic Recording Layer (Verbatim)
- Survey and Evaluation Research Laboratory (Virginia Commonwealth University; Richmond, VA)
- System Engineering Research Laboratory (Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry; Japan)
- Service Forces, Atlantic
- Serials Online
- Society for Environmentally Responsible Livestock Operations
- Secure Range-Independent Localization
- Safety and Environmental Risk Management Rating Agency (London, England, UK)
- Search Engine Reputation Management
- Southeastern Railway Museum (Duluth, Georgia)
- Southeastern Reciprocal Membership (museum program)
- State Emergency and Rescue Management (Australia)
- Structured Entity Relationship Model
- Sumter Enduro Riders Motorcycle Association (South Carolina)
- Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society
- South East Regional Maintenance Center (Mayport, Florida)
- South East Regional Medical Command (US Army)
- Structural Engineers Risk Management Council (various locations)
- Southern England Radiation Monitoring Group (environmental radiation Monitoring; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soybeans contain a compound daidzein that certain bacteria living within the digestive tract of some individuals can metabolize, or convert, into Natural S-equol [7-hydroxy-3-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-chroman], a compound thought to act as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).
Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, specifically developed to maintain beneficial estrogenic activity on bone and lipids and antiestrogenic activity on endometrial and breast tissue.
Today, several medications are available for the prevention or treatment of osteoporosis, such as Evista (raloxifene), a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or SERM, which is protective against vertebral fractures.
Type of Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs) developed to provide beneficial effects but not disadvantages of estrogen.
It is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or SERM.