These unfavorable geologic factors prompted the team to develop passive seismic-acoustic technologies to detect tunneling activity rather than the tunnels themselves.
What does S-A stand for?
S-A stands for Seismic-Acoustic
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of S-A
We have 222 other meanings of S-A in our Acronym Attic
- Cefmatilen Hydrochloride Hydrate (antibiotic)
- Intelligence Staff Officer
- Sangiran Hominid 2
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae Type 23
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae Type 27
- Operations Staff Officer
- Logistics Staff Officer
- Civil Affairs Section
- Safety and Arming Device (weapons firing component)
- Scientific Atlanta
- Simpson-Angus Extrapyramidal Effects Scale (also seen as SAS)
- Systemabfrage (key on German keyboards)
- Serum Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Activity
- Singleton Appropriate for Gestational Age
- Serum Activity of Alkaline Phosphatase
- Service-Motivated Adaptive Rate Transmission
- Stoer-Bulirsch (sampling algorithm)
- Stoer-Bulirsch Adaptive Frequency Sampling
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test, Fourth Edition
Samples in periodicals archive:
The seismic-acoustic signals from digging appear very similar to those detected overseas, but here, the ambient noise is much more intense.