The first-generation antihistamines belong in the more sedating category.
What does SED stand for?
SED stands for Sedating
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SED
We have 210 other meanings of SED in our Acronym Attic
- School Education Director (Australia)
- School of English and Drama (UK)
- School of Environmental Design
- Schweizerischer Erdbebendienst (Swiss Seismological Service)
- Science Education Department
- Science, Environment and Development
- Sciences and Exploration Directorate (US NASA)
- Scottish Enterprise Dunbartonshire (UK)
- Secondary Electron Detector
- Sedalia (Amtrak station code; Sedalia, MO)
- Sedom, Israel - Domestic Airfield (airport code)
- Seeing-Eye Dog
- Selective Eating Disorder (psychology)
- Self Employment Development (various organizations)
- Self-Encrypting Drive
- Senior Executive Development
- Senior Executive Director (various organizations)
- Sensor Evolutionary Development (aeronautics)
- Serious Emotional Disturbance
- Service d'Enseignement à Distance (French: Services for Distance Learning)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Editorial in initial issues include articles on: driving while sleepy as a criminal offense; treatment of sleep apnea; the association between obesity and sleep deprivation; sedating medications; test measurements; and narcolepsy treatments.
In as-yet-unpublished research I have conducted on the atypicals, Risperdal was the least sedating at 0.
Forcefully sedating even one detainee for nonmedical reasons violates international law.
It is important to consider withdrawal symptoms from alcohol and sedating drugs in the etiology of insomnia.