announced that Scott Sysol, chief information security officer and vice president of information technology, has been named the 2011 chief security officer of the year by SC Magazine.
What does SOOTY stand for?
SOOTY stands for Security Officer of the Year (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Sources of Occupational Stress
- Southern Ontario Orchid Society (Canada)
- Stacked Oscar On Scout (satellites)
- Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic
- Stichting Onafhankelijk Onderzoek Schizofrenie Syndroom (Dutch: Independent Schizophrenia Syndrome Research Foundation)
- Significantly Out of Tolerance (tools)
- Stay Out of Trouble
- Straight Out Of The Box (games)
- Straight out of the Camera (photography)
- Student Organization of the Month (Lehigh University; Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Security Officer of the Year is Karolina Boch; Best Student, Denis Roche.
The Brownyard Group again presented its Security Officer of the Year Award, which included a $5,000 check to the Foundation in the names of the two worthy recipients.
Mr Brown, aged 32, won the Midlands Security Officer of the Year Award, for an outstanding act, for tackling a fire at AGCO in Coventry.