Conclusion In Canada, three mechanisms for the review of matters of national security exist in addition to the work done by the Auditor General: they are the Security Intelligence Review Committee (SIRC), the Inspector General of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, and the Commissioner of the Communications Security Establishment.
What does SIRC stand for?
SIRC stands for Security Intelligence Review Committee (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIRC
We have 93 other meanings of SIRC in our Acronym Attic
- Seafarer's Identification and Record Book (International Registries, Inc.)
- Self Inflating Resuscitation Bag
- Site Investigation and Restoration Branch (Delaware)
- Social Science, Behavioral and Education Institutional Review Board (Michigan State University)
- Software Industry Research Board
- Source Instructions Reused By Others
- Safety Input Review Committee
- School Improvement Resource Center
- Seafarers International Research Centre
- Secure Internet Relay Chat
- Sensory Integration Resource Center
- Shuttle Imaging Radar-C
- Snow and Ice Research Center (National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention; Japan)
- Social Issues Research Centre (Oxford, UK)
- Solicitors Introduction and Referral Code (UK)
- Sport Information Resource Centre
- Staten Island Railroad Corporation
- Styrene Information and Research Center (Arlington, VA)
- Sydney ITeC Repair Centre (Australia)
- Securities Industry Research Centre of Asia-Pacific (Australian and New Zealand universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ron Atkey, a prominent lawyer who chaired the Security Intelligence Review Committee, revealed at the Air India inquiry yesterday he wanted major concerns related to CSIS such as tape erasures to be investigated.