The award is part of the Secure Mobile Environment (SME) program, which calls for a single device for government users requiring "Type I" security that also provides wireless access to the government's Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) for secure web-browsing and messaging.
What does SIPERNET stand for?
SIPERNET stands for Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (common but incorrect)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Schools Insurance Program for Employees
- Scientific Instrument Protection Enclosure
- Scientific Instrument Protective Enclosure
- Servicios Integrados para el Empleo (Spanish: Integrated Services Program for Employment)
- Soldier Integrated Protective Ensemble
- Strategic Intelligence Processing Element
- Superimposed Preeclampsia (pregnancy condition)
- School of International Politics Economics and Business (Aoyama Gakuin University; Japan)
- Soluciones Informaticas para el Comercio (Spanish: Information Technology Solutions for Trade)
- Superimposed Pre-Eclampsia
- Sindicato de la Industria Portuaria de El Salvador (Spanish: Port Industry Union of El Salvador)
- Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists
- Solomon Islands Public Employees Union (trade union)
- SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop
- Sea Ice Physics and Ecosystem Experiment (Antarctic expedition)
- Securities Investors Protection Fund
- Socorro Isopod Propagation Facility (New Mexico)
- Suspension Intégrale de Plante Fraîche (French: Full Suspension of Fresh Plant)
- Svenska Industriens Patentingenjörers Förening (Swedish: Swedish Patent Engineers Industries Association; now Svenska Industrins IP Förening)
- Svenska Industrins IP (Intellectual Property) Förening (Swedish: Swedish Intellectual Property Industry Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Originally focused on lessons learned from Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, the new system--AMC Lessons Learned (AMCLL)--allows all Army personnel to submit their comments using a Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET) or Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) connection on any outstanding materiel or logistics issue.
WIN-T looks to provide access to Warfighter validated essential wide-area services consisting of Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network and Secure Internet Protocol Router Network as well as the transport means for voice, data, collaboration services and Video Teleconference to all warfighters at the SECRET and SI level.
The modular data packages allowed communications to be sent from the satellites--through the Single Shelter Switch, through both the Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network and the Secure Internet Protocol Router Network enclaves--and then out to the user and down to the subscriber for voice, data and video capabilities.