Transportation Security Administration explosive sniffers and scanners, Secure Border Initiative sensors and nuclear-radiation monitors for shipping containers are some of the more notable ones.
What does SBI stand for?
SBI stands for Secure Border Initiative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SBI
We have 316 other meanings of SBI in our Acronym Attic
- Small Business High Technology Institute
- Swedish Board of Health and Welfare (surgery qualification)
- Safeco Business Insurance (Liberty Mutual Company)
- Scaleable Bandwidth Interconnect
- Scanned Beam Imager
- School of Business and Industry (Florida A&M University)
- School of Business and Information Systems (Vocational Training Council; Hong Kong)
- School-Based Initiative (various locations)
- Science Based Industry
- Screening and Brief Intervention (addiction questionnaire)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In November 2005, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) launched the Secure Border Initiative network (SBInet)--a program which was to provide the Border Patrol, within DHS's U.
As a result, Darrell Williams, serving as chief program manager of the Department of Homeland Security's Secure Border Initiative, was worried about the impact on his program.
The cautious approach follows the failed Secure Border Initiative, SBInet, program that was canceled in 2011 after CBP and its prime contractor Boeing suffered cost overruns and schedule delays.
The decision ended the Secure Border Initiative Network technology program--one part of a multiyear, multibillion dollar effort aimed at securing the border through technology such as radar, sensors, and cameras and infrastructure such as fencing.