Operating in its unclassified mode, the SME PED operates as any DON-approved PED, such as a BlackBerry, including Common Access Card and Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/ MIME) support for sending and receiving encrypted e-mail and using digital signatures.
What does S/MIME stand for?
S/MIME stands for Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (IETF)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Success/Leadership (Toastmasters Program)
- System/Look-up Table
- Service Module (also abbreviated as SVM)
- Service/Maintenance (various organizations)
- Slice/Medium Ratio
- Scaffold or Matrix Attachment Region
- Sideloader/Magazine Controller (military aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the key technical issues is whether to embrace Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions, an email security standard that requires a corporate email server to issue a "digital certificate" to each user.